Crewe United are inviting applications for the role of First Team manager.
T H E C L U B
Crewe United are now a club well established as one of the leading Intermediate Clubs both on and off the pitch. With this appointment we seek to continue the significant progress made in recent years.
The club has developed Crewe Park into one of the top footballing facilities in Northern Ireland. Including 3 floodlit grass pitches and one 3G floodlit pitch at our ground, all our teams and members, from 3 years old and upwards, train and play at Crewe Park. It is a true home for all of our Crewe family.
We have also recently refurbished the clubhouse and changing rooms, providing the best facilities for our managers and players to develop, enjoy and succeed wearing the Crewe badge.
We have, and continue to be, a very ambitious club with the ethos of loyalty and personal commitment at its core. The club is managed by a group of dedicated volunteers, who are committed to making the club a success.
T H E R O L E
The First Team Manager role at Crewe has proven to be very stable position in recent years, having only had 3 managers over the past 11 years. We believe it is a very attractive post for any driven and ambitious manager that wishes to join a team that is committed to progress and achieving a clear set of goals for the club.
In working together with the manager of the club, we will seek to support that individual to provide the best environment to achieve success individually and collectively.
The First Team Manager position will include full autonomy over footballing matters and report to the Director of Football and the main club committee as required.
Whilst a track record of relevant experience is required, we would welcome applications from any candidate who believes their own ambition matches that of the club and has the desire to be successful.
R E S P O N S I B I L I T I E S
• Full control of all footballing matters, including training and recruitment
• To develop a successful style of play, capable of delivering the required results
• To be committed to the medium/long term aims and objectives of the First team and wider club
• To liaise where appropriate with the Reserve team and Academy Manager(s) to facilitate development and experiential opportunities for the club’s players
• To be the link between the footballing and non-footballing functions of Crewe United, allowing the club to support the squad wherever needed and vice versa
• Attendance at club events where required, whether community-based or club-based
R E Q U I R E D S K I L L S A N D E X P E R I E N C E
• Exceptional management skills, capable of inspiring, directing and motivating a squad of players
• A track record of relevant experience or can demonstrate how they fit the requirements of footballing goals of the club
• UEFA “A” or “B” coaching license preferable but not essential
• A detailed knowledge of Intermediate football in Northern Ireland
A P P L I C A T I O N D E T A I L S
This role will be closing for applications at 5pm on Friday 16th June 2023 with interviews expected to commence on Saturday 17th June 2023. Applications received a significant time before the closing date, and considered suitable for interview, may proceed to interview prior to the application closing date. However, all applications will be considered in any event.
All applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please enclose a short covering letter summarising why you think you would be suitable for the position as manager of Crewe United and your CV.