Over the past few years we have developed a fantastic Youth set-up at Crewe Park and we are now seeking applications for the Head of Youth Development. It is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to progress their own career in football coaching and administration and join us on our journey as we continue to provide football in the local area for c200 children within the youth team structures.
The role will consist of the following:
– A dynamic, hardworking and enthusiastic individual.
– Excellent communication skills.
– Committed to team working and a collaborative approach to player development.
– Demonstrates enthusiasm and is personally committed to achieving agreed objectives.
– Is aware of own behaviour, strengths and areas for improvement and is receptive to feedback.
– Displays a high level of confidentiality.
– Minimum of five years of experience in youth football.
– Completed a minimum of IFA Level 2 (UEFA ‘C’ Licence)
Main Duties & Responsibilities
– Ensure coaches have a clear understanding & acceptance of their development needs.
– Lead and develop relevant internal CPD strategy & content across the Age Phases.
– Develop & progress adaptable coaches capable of performing to a high standard & delivering appropriate coaching practice across the Age Phases.
– Assist in coaching sessions with all Age Phases across the youth setup.
– Cover trainings/matches if coaches are unavailable.
– Ensure individual coaches have Development Action Plans (DAP’s).
– Ensure all coaches fully understand and adhere to internal rules & guidelines.
– Liaise with senior first team staff to encourage pathway into first and reserve teams.
– Work with coaches to develop their abilities & potential in coaching performance.
– Communicate with other Club staff, players and parents in a professional manner.
– Demonstrate willingness and enthusiasm to cooperate & take responsibility when necessary as a requirement of the leadership role.
– Liaise with parents on all child related matters
4. Associated Activities & Commitment
– Participate where appropriate in player reviews with parents.
– Play an active role in the planning, organisation & delivery of in house CPD for coaches.
– Observe, support and guide Age Group coaches working with their players in practice & games to help improve coaching performance & ensure alignment across the Phases.
– Work with HoY Operations to play relevant trips & tournaments.
– Any other reasonable & relevant requests as made by the HoY Operations.
5. Health & Safety
– Place player safety and welfare as a top priority at all times.
– Ensure the required player to coach ratio is being met in all training & games.
If you wish to be considered for this post please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Monday 23rd January 2023.